Obsolete temporary internet files can lead to websites not being displayed correctly. To delete those files stick to the following instructions:
- Firefox: Click on the three bars in the upper right corner and in the "Library" select "History". Then select "Clear recent history" or press the key combination "Ctrl + Shift + Del" (Mac: "Shift + cmd + Del"). Then select "All" and under Chronicle select "Cookies" and "Cache" and click "OK".
- Chrome: Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select the function "History" (Mac: "cmd + Y") Then click on "Delete Browser Data" in the tab "History" of the same name or press the key combination "Ctrl + Shift + Del" (only for Windows computers). Here select "Total time", "Cookies and other website data" and "Pictures and files in cache" and click on "Delete data".
- Internet Explorer: Click on the gear wheel in the upper right corner, select "Internet Options" and then on the "General" tab, select "Clear browsing history". This also works with the key combination "Ctrl + Shift + Del". Then select "Temporary Internet Files" and "Cookies and Website Data" and click on "Delete".
- Microsoft Edge: Click on the three dots in the top right corner and then select "Delete browser data" under "History". Set the time range to "Total time" and check "Cookies and other website data". Finish the process by clicking "Delete now".
- Opera: Click on the "O" in the upper left corner to enter the menu. Then select "Settings". Scroll down to "Security and privacy" and select "Delete browser data". On Windows computers, you can also get to this setting by using the key combination "Ctrl + Shift + Del". Here select "since installation", "cookies and other website data" and "images and files in cache" and click on "delete browser data".
- Safari: Click on "Safari" in the menu bar in the upper left corner and then on "Preferences". Then select "Privacy" and then "Manage website data". Now you can either clear the cache, cookies, and local memory for individual websites or for all websites at once by clicking on the "Remove all" button.
If you don’t want to delete the whole cache you can enter the key combination “Ctrl + F5” (Windows) and “cmd + alt + E” (Mac) and the browser data of the relevant website is deleted.
In our article „I cannot print my tour (create PDF) – what can I do?“ you find information on how to deactivate add-ons.