We have spend much time testing the recording in ordert o find the best compromise between precision and battery drain. Nonetheless, the battery consumption is still quite high, as the recording needs several programmes to run in the background.
There are several possibilities to save battery power:
1) iOS: You can reduce the precision of GPS.
2) You can darken the screen.
3) You can close other apps which are open at the same time.
4) You can save your map offline before the recording and deactivate the feature “Load map with mobile data connection“.
5) Shooting photos consumes much battery. Therefore, you need a lot of battery to make photos during the tour.